Angela Sastry LPC
Angela Sastry, MA, LPC, RYT is a professional counselor specializing in mind-body wellness. Among Angela's practice areas are counseling for chronic stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, chronic pain, PTSD, eating disorders, relationship issues, work-related stress, and everyday life challenges.
"I believe providing encouragement and acceptance are important to the therapeutic process. Therefore, I apply an integrative, contextually client-centered approach to helping individuals achieve their goals and maintain personal wellness. Mixing conventional and alternative approaches, I draw on various styles and techniques to incorporate what will be most helpful. By working toward identifying and fortifying unique strengths, you can better attain lasting personal empowerment and overall joyful health".
Angela utilizes a nervous system approach that offers biofeedback to help integrate mind-body wellness.
By utilizing Beyond Healing Center's Somatic Integration & Processing conceptualization model, Angela provides a whole person-centered approach to health. One of Angela's areas of interest is supporting healthcare workers who experienced work-related stress and trauma and helping them achieve healthy lifestyle goals.
Another area of practice includes integrating somatic practices and the intuitive eating philosophy to help individuals achieve a healthy relationship with food and body image. In these sessions you will become familiar with Intuitive Eating as a path to cultivating a healthy relationship with food, mind, and body, and apply these principles to daily living.
What unhealed trauma looks like in your life:
Anxiety Explosive emotions
Fear of abandonment
Low self worth
Chronic people pleasing
Needing to find help/rescued Lack of boundaries
Need for external validation
Modalities of Treatment: EMDR, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Transpersonal Therapy, Reality Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy and Somatic approaches.
Issues I can help with:
- Anxiety and Depression
- HealthCare Professional Stress
- Perfectionism & Shame
- Painful Childhood Experiences
- Chronic Pain, Chronic Illness and Medical Anxiety
- Unhealthy Relationship with Food/Eating
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex PTSD & Early Attachment Trauma
- Body Image
- Self-Esteem & Self-Worth Issues
- Relationship Issues
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Certified EMDR Therapist & EMDIRA Approved Consultant
Angela provides EMDR therapy for anxiety, depression, trauma, self esteem, work related stress, pain management, contextual relationships with food and body image, relationship issues and everyday life challenges. She incorporates somatic interventions as part of preparation phase in EMDR therapy.
Angela has Over twenty years of experience providing support to people of all ages and a diversity of backgrounds in various capacities and roles ranging from clinical work in treatment facilities to oversight of non-profit agencies, and working in the ER to teaching as an Adjunct Professor.
- MA in Professional Counseling
- MA in Sociology
- PhD Program in Counselor Education and Supervision
- EMDRIA Internationally Certified EMDR Therapist
- EMDRIA Approved Consultant
- HeartMath Certified Practitioner (Heart Coherence biofeedback)
- Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy, EDIT Certified
- MOACTS Certified Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- TeleMental Health Certified
- EMDRIA Approved Consultant
- Certified Intuitive Eating Certified Counselor
- HeartMath Certified Practitioner (Heartmath biofeedback)
- Registered Yoga Teacher
- CEDS-Supervisor Lori Kucharski, PhD LMFT-S, LPC, CEDS-S
- Somatics Training
- Nervous System Informed Therapist